Friday, August 28, 2026

All GOD have

 Surviving Hell on the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship - Part 1 and 2

Safe from Hell, Diamond Princess-1

Safe from Hell, Diamond Princess-2

Thank you Dr. E. Nugroho, who has made these two videos.

All GOD have

I have been lifted from the valley of death by the mighty hand of God.

My wife Farida and I, along with 4 Canadian friends, took the Diamond Princess cruise: January 20 to February 4, 2020. However, on February 4 in Yokohama, we could not leave, because we had to be quarantined. On February 7, 2020, I started to get sick. It started with a runny nose, then a dry cough, loss of appetite, vomiting, constant desire to sleep, headaches and fever. Until the fever reached 39.5 Celsius, finally I was treated at Saiseikai Yokohamashi Tobu Hospital: February 11 to March 6, with a diagnosis: ARDS, Covid-19 pneumonia. 

February 12, breathing became increasingly difficult, and the medical team recommended that I be put on a ventilator. I refused, because I remembered my father who after being put on a ventilator, could not speak until he died. I realized the time was near, asked for confession, and the sacrament of the Eucharist and the sick. Fortunately, Dodi knew Father Antonius Firmansyah SJ who happened to be on duty in Tokyo. I was given the Sacrament of forgiveness of sins and Blessings over the telephone, because the priest could not enter the hospital.

"Now there have been many advances in medicine. Just follow the doctor's opinion...", urged the children and wife. Finally, on Feb. 13, I agreed, and on Feb. 14, the ventilator was installed. In the ventilator, I felt like I was in a very hot room. At the tip of the foot you can see a bright red and yellow flame. I'm afraid of death. I call the LORD Jesus.

“Jesus come, Jesus come.” I screamed even though no sound actually came out.

"Come Jesus, let me hold Your robe, then I will be healed."

"Where is YOUR promise, Where? Where? "

"YOU said, ask, knock, and you will receive."

" Where is your promise?"

"But I don't want to be taken home, I still want to see my grandchildren grow up." Then there was bargaining with the angel of GOD.

Then my life history was rewinded. All my ugliness and sins were shown. Negligent, stingy, arrogant. Suddenly I heard a voice,

“All of this is mine!”

I cried, deeply regretful and repentant.

“Jesus, heal me…”

I asked over and over again, crying. Then I don’t remember anything. I faintly heard Dr. Kawai’s voice. It turned out that on February 20th, the ventilator was removed, and I was moved to the regular ICU. “I want all the tubes removed, is that okay?” I couldn’t say anything because my body was so weak. What if this assistive device was removed? From the window, Farida was seen nodding her head: “I agree, just follow the doctor’s orders.”

I nodded, and all the tubes were removed, including the IV line for administering medication and taking blood samples.

Since then, I've been steadily improving. I've practiced sitting, walking with some support, and then walking on my own with an IV pole. Dr. Nakajima gave me a plan for my discharge:

"If your condition improves, you will be moved to a regular room. Then, if everything is fine and you test negative twice for Covid-19, you can leave the hospital."

I asked, "When can I leave the ICU?" The doctor didn't answer and then left.

The nurse only replied, "When everything improves." This means there's no definite time.

I didn't want to die, and I didn't want to be disabled. I immediately, as best I could, continued exercising with enthusiasm. If I wasn't sleepy, I'd walk, trying to do it for just 10 minutes, and eventually, three times a day for 30 minutes. I felt hopeless and useless. Luckily, the nurse was very kind, even asking what my hobby was. "Singing." Then Nurse Izume invited me to sing along: "I'll just call to say I love you." (Stevie Wonder)

In the regular ICU, February 20-26, in a regular room from February 26 to March 6. On March 6, I was discharged from the hospital and returned to the hotel to meet Farida again. I was immediately able to practice walking in the shops around the hotel. Thankfully, we got our plane tickets very quickly. In two days, on March 8, 2020, we flew back to Ottawa.

From my wife's notes, it turns out I actually died on February 17th.

February 15th: Petrus was in bad condition. Said Dr. Toyoda who took Farida to see me.

February 16th P was worse.

February 17th P had no hope..

February 18th... miraculously.. P's condition improved, there was eye movement.

February 19th his general condition got better. Labs improved, and extubation was planned for February 20th, if everything continued to improve.

February 20th the intubation was removed. Praise God!

Luckily, Farida didn't have COVID-19, so she was able to help me when I was sick. To be close, Farida was able to stay at the hospital. Previously, hospitals were only for sick people. Farida stayed there from February 14 to March 1. Then, on March 1, she moved to a hotel.

I am deeply grateful for the medical assistance provided by the team of doctors and nurses at the hospital, and for the prayers of all my friends and relatives, the monks and nuns, especially my wife and children, who have tried to knock on the door of God's mercy. I have received prayers, fasting, and the Holy Mass. My friends, Christians, Muslims, and non-believers, have also prayed for me.

Arrived in Ottawa at 1 am, early morning on March 9, 2020.

In Ottawa, I continued to practice breathing, and read the Bible + pray the rosary + pray Jesus meditation for one hour every day. Please continue to have God's grace, post-Covid is still dangerous for health. Grateful, praise the LORD, I can meet and play with my grandchildren. Only my throat is quickly dry, and I still get tired quickly.

All of this happened because of the blessing and help of Almighty God. Who pulled me from the valley of death. The LORD gave me the opportunity to live again, so that I can invite others to come and enjoy the same blessings as I experienced. Amen.

Petrus Tjahjadi

No comments:

Post a Comment